So I got nominated for a Liebster Award which basically helps promote smaller blogs and helps recognize and/or discover new bloggers. I’m not really one for chain-blog posts but I thought it’s quite a nice idea to get to know a blogger a bit better.
The word Liebster is of German origin and can mean anything from sweetest, nicest, lovely and kind so if I picked you, best you know you’re special 🙂
The award is aimed at bloggers with less than 200 followers but the official rules state less than 1000 followers – so I’ll go with that. My apologies in advance if you’ve already done the Liebster questionnaire, please don’t feel obligated to do it again, however if you feel like answering my set of questions, please do so 🙂
A huge thanks goes out to Invisable CT for the nomination! 🙂
The (official) rules:
- Thank the blogger for the nomination and post a link to their blog on your post.
- Display the award on your blog post.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself provided by the blogger
- Nominate at least 5 bloggers that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers
- Create your own list of questions
- List these rules in your blog post
- Inform the bloggers that you’ve nominated them by tagging them in social media links and a link to your blog post
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I never leave home without makeup on
- I’m tiny, like only 1.55m short
- I work in a corporate office – would you ever believe?
- I don’t eat beetroot with any food because I don’t like my food to turn pink (I love pink)
- Slightly OCD but I like to call it neat-freak
- I’m a perfectionist
- I don’t think I’ll ever get married
- I used to be a Western Province gymnast
- I’m a bit of a tech hoarder, I own 3 cellphones and 3 cameras
- I don’t eat seafood
- I absolutely refuse completely to drink Coca-Cola
The questions that were given to me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Everyone’s different and each person has something different to offer. I believed I had something unique I could provide to my readers. The time I also started my blog I went through a terribly bad break up and my blog was the perfect place where I could channel all my time and emotions into.
2. How long have you been blogging for?
3. Worst experience as a blogger?
When my website crashes for no apparent reason.
4. What are the biggest challenges you have had as a blogger?
Finding inspiration to write. A lot of the time I’ll have a lot of products on my desk screaming: “Hey you! Please review me!” and I’ll end up staring at it for days before I start testing them. I believe they call it “procrastinating” and I’m already a fully qualified procrastinator.
5. Facebook or Twitter?
6. Have you collaborated with any other bloggers before, if yes who?
No not yet but I have been approached by 1 quite recently.
7. If you could do a collaboration with any blogger who would it be with?
8. Biggest Blogging Achievement?
When I just started out blogging, bloggers always told me you have to wait at least a year before brands and PR agencies would want to work with you, they said first build up a good following before you approach anyone. I took that advice and I threw it straight out of the window. I got invited to my first PR event after just 1 month of my blog going live and now 6 months down the line I have brands approaching me wanting to work on some things without even asking for stats. They say: “fake it till you make it” and that’s exactly what I did.
9. Cat or Dog?
10. Vlogs or written posts?
I’ve only ever done written posts. I think I would annoy myself if I had to start filming myself.
11. What’s the one place that gives you the most inspiration?
My bed, I often get major blog inspiration just before I doze off. Which means that I generally have to fire up my laptop again and start writing, even if its at 12 at night.
- How did you choose your blog name?
- If someone offered you R100 000 to buy your blog and agreed that the name, style and content would remain the same, would you sell it?
- How would someone describe your blogging style?
- Are there any bloggers who inspired you to start your own blog?
- Worst thing about being a blogger?
- Best thing about being a blogger?
- Favorite topic to blog about?
- If your house was burning down, name only 5 things you’d grab
- If you had the choice to go back and live in any era, which one would it be?
- Sunsets or sunrises?
- What’s your advice to anyone wanting to start their own blog?
The bloggers I nominate: